Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Homeward Bound

Now at Heathrow and heading home. Strange tonight getting a wheelchair to this lounge I am in at the moment. Yes I can walk, yes, I can use the stairs, but yes, I need a wheel chair... in which case, I can't travel in the bubble upstairs in the plane, because I need a wheel chair! <sigh>
If you are disabled, then you are disabled... totally. There isn't room for thin myelin sheaths that stop axons working once they get hot!
But it has been a good trip.
Canterbury today was the last pilgrimage. But it is a place of tourists. Difficult to find a chapel for quiet prayer. Loudly interrupted at 1pm to be reminded to pray! Most people did stop and they were quiet. Many altars without crosses. And the windows are not Chartres. (But the new windows were better than the new twentieth century ones in Chartres.)
Time to be at home and tie up the ragged edges that have been exposed by this travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment