Monday, November 2, 2009

Hospitality and All Souls

For All Saint's All Soul's Day(s) I highly recommend Michael's blog:
http://michaelcardensjottings.blogspot.com/2009/11/all-saints-day-reflections-hospitality.html where he talks about hospitality and the queer community. I wanted to quote some but he really should be read in full. But as a taste he has in his conclusion:

"Hospitality is what makes God divine."

On All Souls day I was in Sydney celebrating Bonnie's life. She was a great friend from many years ago who was just so good at hospitality. It was a very real privilege to be at her memorial service and also to have been asked to sing. It was a song she heard me singing and she had told me last year that I was to sing it! "A new commandment I give unto you". I felt that in many ways there was a message from Bonnie herself in it that we could all hear. (I hope).

Thank you Bon, for giving me that job to do and for the great memories we have of your eight years (really only eight?) in Burra as such a wonderful neighbour.

No comments:

Post a Comment