Sunday, March 28, 2010

Our Arrogance

A sound byte from Ken Henry in the Canberra Times today:
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/news/general/henry-hits-out-at-water-management/1788433.aspx?src=enews

Our interaction with the environment should have brought us humility. Instead we are arrogant.

He said:

"All my life I have heard people talking about our big brains, our capacity to learn from our mistakes and the creativity we bring to fixing them,'' he said.
"Every day, at some point, this is what I hear. But I have to say that it's not what I see.
"Frankly, it's time we stopped kidding ourselves.
"'If the history of our engagement with this environment has taught us anything at all, it should be that we have been blind-sided by our arrogance. It should have taught us humility."

No comments:

Post a Comment