Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The cost of Copenhagen

George Monbiot might be one of the "new believers", but I listen to him.
see his Guardian column this week after Copenhagen. (it is at http://tinyurl.com/yep8gdt}

He concludes by saying:
   "So what happens now? That depends on the other non-player at Copenhagen: you. For the past few years good people have shaken their heads and tutted and wondered why someone doesn't do something. Yet the number taking action has been pathetic. Demonstrations that should have brought millions on to the streets have struggled to mobilise a few thousand. As a result, the political cost of the failure at Copenhagen is zero."
I have always felt that on this issue I can take my own direct action. "The cleanest energy is the bit you don't use." (as well as the solar generation we put into the grid. But I don't go to the demonstrations. <sigh> There is more I should be doing. (when it gets cooler?)

No comments:

Post a Comment